Hey mountain bike racers, hope you're all well.
Not much to update you with I'm afraid - several weeks ago we had hoped we might be able to stage a scaled-down test event at some point in the autumn that would give us a chance to try out revised procedures around organising an XC event in the current situation.
Unfortunately we haven't been able to find a suitable venue, which is understandable given the changing nature of the restrictions on activity and the wider situation, and the challenges involved in trying to organise sporting events are only likely to become more pronounced in the coming weeks, so we've shelved this plan for the time being.
It's anyone's guess whether things will return to what we'd recognise as normal in time for a regular 2021 season, so we're just going to have to wait and see what happens. Once it makes sense to run events again, your SXC team will be on it.
In the meantime, everyone who was optimistic enough to have entered any of the cancelled 2020 rounds should have had their entries refunded. If you haven't received a refund, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll sort any issue out.
Keep on keepin' on,
Your SXC team